The solution for small housing
- The solution for small housing involves strategies such as gentle densification and initiatives like the Gentle Density Network.
- Gentle densification aims to increase housing density in single-family zones by allowing additional units on existing properties, promoting affordability.
- The Gentle Density Network facilitates collaboration among professionals to share ideas, challenges, and solutions related to housing.
- The PAtH model, involving granting density bonuses for affordable units, is another approach.
- Government initiatives, like the Housing Supply Act and BC Builds program, support such strategies, alongside addressing challenges such as resistance to change and parking concerns.
- These efforts collectively aim to create more affordable housing options through thoughtful urban planning and development.
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.